BSP Lead Engineer
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
We are looking for a BSP lead engineer who is passionate about embedded Linux and Android development. The BSP lead engineer will have an opportunity to work with many different embedded CPU architectures (ARM, Power, Atom™). In addition, Timesys offers a unique opportunity for engineers to participate in the on-going device and sensors revolution.
Primary responsibilities for this position:
- Managing a team of BSP engineers that is responsible for:
- Developing and integrating BSPs,
- Developing, implementing and maintaining functional and performance tests of new and existing BSP features,
- Integrating development tools (such as TimeStorm IDE) with BSP/SDK,
- Developing demos and reference images for a particular BSP
- Managing of BSP releases and
- Working as an individual contributor on the team.
Education, experience and skills requirements:
- BS or MS in EE / CE / CS or equivalent experience,
- Strong build system debugging skills,
- Strong Buildroot and/or Yocto Project / OpenEmbedded skills is a plus,
- Strong Git skills,
- Good programming skills — preferably in C, Perl, Python and TCL,
- Familiarity with standard open source build systems such as GNU Autotools, CMake, etc.,
- Familiarity with ARM and x86 (Atom™) embedded platforms,
- Familiarity with Linux kernel concepts (building, configuring, device trees),
- Five or more years of embedded Linux experience with some of the following concepts:
- U-Boot (building, configuring, porting)
- Open source development processes (mailing lists, contribution standards),
- Graphical frameworks such as X11, Wayland and Qt,
- Mesa /3D acceleration,
- WiFi / BT driver,
- Firmware integration
- Desire to work with a number of systems and technologies from numerous partners
- Effective communication skills and
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Interested in this position?
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.