Application requirements are becoming increasingly complex. Embedded devices (tethered and handhelds) with sensors and data collection capabilities are becoming connected, while mobile devices (smartphones, phablets) are acquiring more and more sensors, becoming ubiquitous, and moving into enterprise (BYOD). This convergence of embedded and mobile devices is creating a demand for optimized solutions for remote monitoring management, data collection and visualization, workflows and worker productivity.
At Timesys, our years of expertise in embedded systems, connectivity and Web-based application development enables us to provide solutions that make it easier for development teams to design, develop, deploy and maintain applications for connected devices in this increasingly connected world.
Productivity apps grew a notable 119 percent in 2015, as people are doing more on their phones, phablets, and tablets.*
*Source: Flurry Analytics, 2014-2015
Internet of Things (IoT)
We leverage our expertise in embedded open source OSes, along with drivers, firmware, support for mulitplatform application layers and connectivity to deliver connected applications for IoT solutions in markets that include industrial automation, home automation, commercial building control, and more as well as for wearables and devices. We can deliver apps that feature:
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communication (WiFi, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Ethernet, etc.)
- Mobile to embedded peripheral devices integration
- Cloud and wireless connectivity solutions
- Robust UIs, ranging from embedded systems to mobile and Web applications (Qt, Java, etc.)
- Multicore processing
- Security (update service, secure boot)
Embedded Web Server Apps
Drawing upon our expertise in embedded OSes, we specialize in delivering apps and Web services that are built for servers embedded in a device. Our apps feature:
- Quick launch and response times — Apps are optimized for low memory and compact footprint of an embedded device,
- Responsive UIs that are accessed by devices and / or desktop Web applications,
- Multiple simultaneous sessions, and
- Intuitive and easy-to-navigate designs.
Enterprise Mobile Apps
We develop enterprise-grade mobile workforce solutions that feature real-time visibility, proactive monitoring and alerting, reporting and analytics capabilities. The mobile applications we build adhere to bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies and security requirements. Our expertise spans:
- Automating Workflows and Productivity Improvements,
- Line of Business (LoB) Applications,
- Analytics & Big Data, and
- Extending a Legacy Application Interface to a Mobile Device.
Add-On Services We Offer
With our testing service, we can help ensure an enhanced user experience and complete application security across all devices and operating system variants. The application software testing that we conduct includes:
User Experience (UX) Design
At the application design stage, we take into consideration factors that include application type, functionality, target audience, expected user interaction and device hardware to design solutions that meet the unique requirements of our customers.
We leverage our expertise in open source UI frameworks, such as Qt and Cordova, to design and deliver responsive UIs that are intuitive and optimized for mobile.
From content structure to navigation elements, we focus on enabling an enhanced user experience.
Field Update / OTA
We can design, develop and deliver centralized platforms for your enterprise-grade mobile solutions, enabling you to manage and deploy field updates. The platforms we build are capable of:
- Deploying applications on different mobile devices (embedded Linux, Android, iOS),
- Automating updates in any number of devices, and
- Providing self-install capabilities for approved users.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Cordova is a trademark of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license by Apple Inc. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States and other countries. Qt is a trademark of The Qt Company in Finland and/or other countries worldwide. All other company and product names mentioned are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Have an application development project you’d like to discuss?
We’d be happy to discuss your project and answer any questions you have. For more information about our application development service or any of our offerings, fill out our online form, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.866.392.4897 (toll-free) or +1.412.232.3250.