Timesys Embedded Linux Professional Services
With an international customer base and proven track record of successful customer development projects and deployments since 1995, Timesys brings more than just the typical contract engineering approach to its professional services engagements. Let Timesys be a 'just-in-time' resource when you:
- Need proven, Linux expertise — fast.
- Have tight deadlines.
- Have a small team of engineers.
- Want to focus on building differentiation.
Why Timesys Professional Services?
We are the "high value" provider of embedded Linux services. We are not the cheapest option available, but when you consider the depth of our Linux expertise/experience, clear up-front pricing options, satisfaction guarantee and clear, predictable engagement process, we offer the best value.
Embedded Linux Expertise
Timesys is a Linux pioneer and industry leader among embedded Linux companies. We have supplied leading-edge Linux products and services to more than one thousand customers / embedded developers targeting Linux as their go-to-market platform. Check out some of the services projects we have delivered successfully.
Timesys represents a unique combination of both breadth and depth of experience. Over the years, we have supported eight architectures, more than 100 different application processors and SOCs and more than 150 different hardware platforms — with more being added as the market evolves. Our Linux expertise covers the following:
- Processors — Power Architecture, x86, ARM, Atmel, MIPS, TI, Intel, and more
- Operating Systems — Linux, Embedded Linux, uClinux, and others
- Languages — C, C++
- Architectures — ARM, MIPS, Power Architecture, SH, ColdFire, and more
- Technologies — Wireless, Networking, Audio, Video, 3D, Graphics, and more
- Industries — consumer electronics, medical, automotive, telecommunications, industrial control/process automation and many more
- Platform Services — From kernel porting and board bring up to device drivers and design, our expertise covers all areas of building and customizing your embedded platform
- Application Services — Our developers possess both knowledge of the technologies and industry experience for a variety of applications requiring 3D, socket, CAN interface, Web/J2EE programming
Low Overhead, On Time, On Budget
Timesys Professional Services ensures your project is completed as planned and with little overhead because we:
- Do not nickel and dime you.
- Work fast. Our team of experts is able to understand your requirements quickly and get going fast without requiring lengthy evaluations and analysis.
- Are efficient. We use Timesys’s LinuxLink development system to attain maximum development productivity and efficiency.
- Are Collaborative. Each project has an assigned project manager who is also a part of the development team. This ensures complete visibility of the project and fast resolution of any issues. In addition, you have direct access to the engineers working on your project via our mailing list.
Timesys works with global leaders across the industry to offer a complete partner ecosystem that allows customers to quickly boot, customize, test and maintain their embedded Linux software platform. These partnerships ensure high customer satisfaction and greater productivity. Please visit our embedded Linux partners page for a complete list of our many partners.
Timesys Quality Process and Warranty
Having been a commercial Linux provider for so long, Timesys has developed and evolved an elaborate Linux QA process that includes an extensive board farm, a large database of kernel and device driver testing code and experience, and a significant amount of test automation. This test framework will allow Timesys to maintain a cohesive, end-to-end focus on conceiving, developing, testing, releasing and supporting its products, as well as its professional services deliverables. Timesys uses a mature, integrated development and testing process to ensure that all of the Linux kernels, drivers, and packages we support are of the highest quality and reliability.
We are completely confident in the quality of our work, which is backed by a full warranty of satisfaction.
Flexible, Performance-based Billing
We offer customers flexible options to match their needs and undertake projects based on Time & Material as well as a Fixed-fee basis.
All pricing information is provided up front, and there are no hidden fees. Our projects typically require a down payment, with the remaining balance billed upon completion of mutually agreed upon milestones, thus eliminating risk and providing you complete visibility.
Knowledge & Tools Transfer to Make You Independent
When you engage Timesys Professional Services, our goal is to provide a solid foundation for longer term expansion, upgradability, support, and maintenance of your project. Since every Timesys services engagement includes a subscription to our LinuxLink Desktop Edition, we ensure you have both the knowledge and the tools you need to maintain your application over the long run.
Have a project you'd like to discuss?
We'd be happy to discuss how Timesys Professional Services can help you reduce risk and minimize schedule conflicts. For more information about our professional service offerings, fill out our online form, contact us email@example.com or call us at 1.866.392.4897 (toll-free) or +1.412.232.3250.