Timesys’ Embedded Linux Software Development Solution for Ka-Ro electronics Platforms
Timesys’ LinuxLink portal provides access to a feature-rich development environment that includes easy-to-use development tools and engineering support — making it easy to manage the security and updates of your custom embedded Linux and securely implement firmware upgrades for your devices. In addition, Timesys’ solution for building custom embedded Linux based devices is Yocto Project compatible and is the industry’s most affordable and “easy to try, buy and use” commercial embedded Linux offering.
Why Choose to Use Timesys’ Development Environment?
- Factory update notification alerts you to updates for only the software components used in your particular configuration
- LinuxLink does not force you to update; you choose whether to update or not
- Receive security alerts specific to components used in your application, eliminating the time spent on monitoring CVEs yourself
- Provides you with an easy and efficient way to integrate patches into your device software, eliminating the time spent on addressing CVEs that are not applicable
- Select from 2000+ packages and libraries in the LinuxLink repository (Factory) or from a whitelist of layers (Bakery / Yocto)
- Enables you to start your project using tested BSPs based on software from mainline, semiconductors and board vendors
- Timesys support available for both Factory and Yocto Project build systems, enabling you to get technical support from an expert when you’re stuck / when issues arise
- Three support options available, enabling you to get support that fits your needs and budget
Easy to use
- Intuitive development environment that doesn’t require weeks of training
- Free cloud-based version, enabling you to quickly assemble and boot an initial embedded Linux image
- Minimal time spent setting up your development environment
Supported Ka-Ro electronics Platforms
For the latest kernel and toolchain information, refer to LinuxLink.
Ka-Ro TX6S-8035 eMMC
(with NXP i.MX 6Solo processor)
Ka-Ro TX6UL-0011 eMMC
(with NXP i.MX 6UltraLite processor)
Accelerate Software Development With the Ka-Ro Product QuickStart Kit
Timesys and Ka-Ro have joined forces to create the Product QuickStart Kit. The kit includes the Ka-Ro TX6UL Computer-on-Module with the new NXP i.MX 6UltraLite processor — an ideal solution for industrial products and devices that need low power and efficient operation. To accelerate software development, included with the purchase of the kit is a 2-hour one-on-one Timesys training session during which you’ll learn hands-on how to build and deploy a custom Yocto BSP with Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity on the development kit.
To learn more about the Ka-Ro Product QuickStart Kit offering, view our informative webinar — “Using Yocto to Develop Your Next Product.”