Embedded Linux Software Development Solution for Microchip SAMA5D2x, SAMA5D3x, SAM9 and more
Timesys offers feature-rich, embedded Linux software and tools for building custom embedded Linux based devices. Timesys’ development portfolio includes a suite of tools, a software repository, expert support and a framework in which development teams can efficiently work and collaborate. Timesys’ development environment is Yocto Project compatible, and it is the industry’s most affordable and easy to try, buy and use commercial embedded Linux offering.
Why Choose to Use Timesys’ Development Environment?
Easy to use
- Intuitive development environment that doesn’t require weeks of training
- Free cloud-based version, enabling you to quickly assemble and boot an initial embedded Linux image
- Minimal time spent setting up your development environment
- Select from more than 2000+ packages and libraries in the LinuxLink repository (Factory) or from a whitelist of layers (Bakery / Yocto)
- Enables you to start your project using tested BSPs based on software from mainline, semiconductors and board vendors
- Factory update notification alerts you to updates for only the software components used in your particular configuration
- LinuxLink does not force you to update; you choose whether to update or not
- Receive security alerts specific to components used in your application, eliminating the time spent on monitoring CVEs yourself
- Provides you with an easy and efficient way to integrate patches into your device software, eliminating the time spent on addressing CVEs that are not applicable
- Timesys support available for both Factory and Yocto Project build systems, enabling you to get technical support from an expert when you’re stuck / when issues arise.
- Three support options available, enabling you to get support that fits your needs and budget
Supported Microchip Atmel Processor-based Evaluation Kits
Timesys supports the evaluation kits listed below. For the latest kernel and toolchain information, refer to LinuxLink.
Atmel SAMA5D2 Xplained Ultra
Atmel SAMA5D3 Xplained