Embedded Linux Software Development Solution for Xilinx Platforms
Timesys provides an end-to-end platform design approach that is well aligned with FPGAs from Xilinx, enabling developers to achieve a fast product design cycle. Customers can choose to purchase a LinuxLink support subscription for help with their embedded Linux platform development, or to rely on us to provide a comprehensive solution that includes the LinuxLink development environment.
LinuxLink is Timesys’ solution for building custom embedded Linux based devices. LinuxLink includes a suite of tools, a software repository, expert support and a framework in which development teams can efficiently work and collaborate. Backed by Timesys’ years of embedded software expertise, LinuxLink is Yocto Project compatible, and it is the industry’s most affordable and easy to try, buy and use commercial embedded Linux offering.
Why Choose to Use LinuxLink?
Easy to use
- Intuitive development environment that doesn’t require weeks of training
- Free cloud-based version, enabling you to quickly assemble and boot an initial embedded Linux image
- Minimal time spent setting up your development environment
- Select from more than 2000+ packages and libraries in the LinuxLink repository (Factory) or from a whitelist of layers (Bakery / Yocto)
- Enables you to start your project using tested BSPs based on software from mainline, semiconductors and board vendors
- Factory update notification alerts you to updates for only the software components used in your particular configuration
- LinuxLink does not force you to update; you choose whether to update or not
- Timesys support available for both Factory and Yocto Project build systems, enabling you to get technical support from an expert when you’re stuck / when issues arise.
- Three support options available, enabling you to get support that fits your needs and budget
SDK / IDE
- Generates both Factory and Yocto BSPs and SDKs, so application developers don’t have to learn a build system
- Timesys’ TimeStorm IDE automatically recognizes Factory and Yocto SDKs
- Receive security alerts specific to components used in your application, eliminating the time spent on monitoring CVEs yourself
- Provides you with an easy and efficient way to integrate patches into your device software, eliminating the time spent on addressing CVEs that are not applicable
Supported Xilinx Platforms
LinuxLink is available for the platforms listed below. For the latest kernel and toolchain information, refer to LinuxLink.
Xilinx Zynq-7000 ZC706 Evaluation Kit
Xilinx Zynq-7000 ZC702 Evaluation Kit
Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC ZedBoard