Jump Start Course
Get started quickly. And with confidence.
From setting up your embedded Linux development environment and booting a dev kit — to building and debugging your application — you (and your team) undoubtedly have plenty of questions about the best way to get productive in a hurry. Look no further …
We’ve tailored a program — the Timesys Jump Start Service — through which a Timesys engineer will deliver a two-day embedded Linux customized training with hands-on exercises based on your application requirements. The Timesys Jump Start Service — which is typically delivered for a maximum of two people — begins with a review of your project and identification of your mini goal(s), after which we customize hands-on exercises, set up a training agenda and work with you to accomplish your mini goals.
Timesys’ Jump Start Course typically includes the following:
Development Environment Set Up
- Set up development environment on your team’s workstations
- Boot development kit(s) with prebuilt images
- Rebuild and deploy an updated Board Support Package (BSP)
- Create an SD card image
- Boot the development kit
Development Tools Customized Training
- How to assemble and deploy an initial BSP and set up the development environment with a matching Software Development Kit (SDK)
- How to use the TimeStorm IDE to create, compile and debug an application
- How to modify and deploy a graphical application using the Qt framework
- How to add / delete / configure packages
- How to perform kernel customization and apply patches
- How to overlay applications
- How to customize the boot scripts
- Review of frameworks and modules used
- Debugging of application code
Want to get a jump on your embedded Linux development?
Contact us for a free, 30-minute consultation to discuss how a Timesys engineer can work with you and one of your colleagues on a customized 2-day workshop to help you get your embedded Linux development up and running, quickly and easily. Please schedule a complimentary consultation via our online form, email us at email@example.com or call us at 1.866.392.4897 (toll-free) or +1.412.232.3250.