Embedded Software Engineer
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and optimizing Linux / Android based platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Driver development and new hardware enablement on Linux, Android or RTOS
- Integrate various software into build systems
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
What we need to see:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer, Electrical Engineering (with software development emphasis) — or equivalent experience
- 1-3+ years of experience building and shipping embedded systems using Linux or RTOS
- Ability to troubleshoot low level software issues and distinguish between hardware and software issues
- Proficiency in C
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Experience writing code to setup SoC peripherals and ISRs
- Strong problem-solving skills, be adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership of complex problems
- Ability to collaborate well with other developers, managers, and across teams
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Hands-on Linux experience in either professional or hobby projects is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Git is a strong plus.
- Experience with real-time operating systems is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Heaven for geeks, 100s of boards spanning multiple SoC architectures to work with
- Flexible timings
- Casual work environment
- Generous PTO, Health insurance (medical/dental/vision), 401k
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.