Inside Technical Sales Engineer
Job Locations: Pittsburgh, PA USA and Gurgaon, INDIA
We are searching for an Inside Technical Sales Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be a team player and fast learner. The Inside Technical Sales Engineer will work as a key member of the sales team by nurturing and qualifying all incoming sales leads and identifying/converting these to sales opportunities. The role also involves working with the rest of the Inside Sales team, as well as our channel and business development partners, to facilitate the overall sales process for the Timesys LinuxLink product and associated Professional Services. As an engineer, the candidate will be required to immediately immerse him/herself into Timesys’ technology and offerings so as to thoroughly understand our products and be able to assist our leads in understanding the value of working with Timesys.
Primary responsibilities for this position:
- Research and document information on leads and opportunities through social media and partner outreach
- Be extremely responsive to incoming customer and partner requests (phone, email, on-line chat)
- Provide as-requested sales support to worldwide channel partners, e.g., assistance with quote requests, registration process, part numbers, costs/resales, technical content and collateral
- Rigorously update and maintain detailed information in Salesforce
- Follow established daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly procedures for:
- Classifying, nurturing, qualifying, and converting leads to opportunities
- Contacting existing customers to identify and manage up-sell, add-on, and renewal opportunities
- Conduct/coordinate sales calls/demos via web meeting
- Escalation of presales customer and partner issues to management
- Customer focus
- Competitive; thrives on overcoming challenges and achieving measurable goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team work
- BS or equivalent experience
- Customer (external or internal) interaction background
- Willing and able to learn technical concepts of embedded Linux and the Embedded Software industry
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Interested in this position?
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.