Embedded Software Engineering Internship
Internship Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Timesys engineering interns will have the opportunity to develop software engineering skills while learning embedded Linux technology. Engineering interns will work closely with the engineering team on the development and testing of kernels, device drivers, development tools, and build & test frameworks. Successful candidates will be required to immediately immerse themselves into Timesys’ technology and offerings so as to thoroughly understand our products.
Timesys is offering engineering internship positions for summer / fall / winter semesters to individuals who:
- Enjoy problem solving and working closely with hardware,
- Want to become proficient in system programming,
- Have sound C/C++ or shell programming and
- Have a good understanding of computer architecture and operating systems and want to apply it to the real world.
Education, experience and skills requirements:
- Degree or equivalent level courses in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (with software development emphasis),
- Proficiency in C,
- Proficiency in C++ and assembly is a plus,
- Experience with installation, configuration and customization of Fedora, Ubuntu and/or Debian is a big plus,
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills and
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and evolving environment.
The candidate must be prepared to work for minimum of 16 hours a week.
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.