Software Project Coordinator for Software Service Delivery Team
Job Locations: Pittsburgh, PA USA
As a Software Project Coordinator, you will offload the Engineering Director from managing daily projects’ management data so the director can spend more time on qualitative management of the projects and grow the team.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain the project status, schedule, and resource allocation for all active projects worked on by engineering
- Assist engineering director with resource consumption report (hours used per project) and proactively alert over budget projects
- Assist engineering with Customer meetings setup and logistics for on-site visits
- Manage shipping and receiving of project hardware and keeping the inventory up to date
- Coordinate vendor meetings
- Additional tasks as needed, such as:
- Answer phones, process mail, and perform other front desk duties
- Serve as administrative assistant to other engineering directors
- Facilitate engineering communications
Create change orders for the Customer as required on per-project basis
What we need to see:
- (Essential) Some background in software development or experience of working in a company with software products or services or a degree/courses in IT & Software
- A power user of Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of MS Project or equivalent is required
- Must be very detail oriented
- Persistent in solving problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Team-player, works well with other internal groups
- Ability to follow existing processes, identify and escalate any process deficiencies
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Excel in an environment handling multiple concurrent projects/assignments
- Strong organizational, planning, priority setting, and time management skills
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Flexible timings
- Casual work environment
- Generous PTO, Health insurance (medical/dental/vision), 401k
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
Interested in this position?
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.