Embedded Linux Customer Support Engineer
Job Locations: Chennai, INDIA
We are looking for an engineer to join our Customer Support team. The ideal candidate is a team player and fast learner who can work closely with and provide timely and detailed technical support to our customers and partners. The customer support engineer will be required to immediately immerse him/herself into Timesys’ technology and offerings so as to thoroughly understand our products and to assist our customers in recreating and resolving issues.
Primary responsibilities for this position:
- Being responsive and empathetic to customer support issues,
- Resolving installation and configuration issues through remote diagnosis and recreation of issues,
- Assisting customers with Linux cross-development environment setup and getting started with embedded Linux challenges,
- Resolving documentation errors by correcting them, testing new documentation and creating application notes,
- Resolving build issues through remote diagnosis and recreation of issues and by working with Timesys engineers as required for resolving the issues,
- Working through more advanced run time issues through recreation of issues and debugging and working with senior engineer to resolve complex issues,
- Escalating customer and partner support issues to customer support management, engineering and sales account managers as needed and
- Testing Timesys Linux and LinuxLink tools using the automated test setup for various processor architectures including ARM, Power, MIPS and x86.
Education, experience and skills requirements:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT (with software development emphasis),
- Unix/Linux system administration,
- Experience with installation, configuration and customization of Fedora, Ubuntu and/or Debian is a big plus,
- 2+ years working experience in a customer support or IT role,
- Customer (external or internal) interaction background a big plus,
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills,
- Attention to detail and systematic problem solving skills and
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.