Embedded Linux Support Engineering Internship
Internship Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Timesys interns will have the opportunity to develop customer interaction skills while learning embedded Linux technology. Interns will work closely with the technical support team to assist our customers in recreating and resolving issues. Successful candidates will be required to immediately immerse themselves into Timesys’ technology and offerings so as to thoroughly understand our products.
Timesys is offering internship positions for summer / fall / winter semesters to individuals who:
- Have a genuine interest in the Unix / Linux system administration,
- Have the willingness and ability to learn,
- Have sound C/C++ or shell programming,
- Have basic understanding of computer architecture and design, and
- Have basic understanding of operating systems concepts.
Education, experience and skills requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent level courses in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT (with S/W development emphasis)
- Experience with installation, configuration and customization of Fedora, Ubuntu, and/or Debian is a big plus
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, evolving, start-up environment
The candidate must be prepared to work for minimum of 16 hours a week.
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.