Timesys’ Embedded Linux Software Development Solution for Advantech Platforms
Timesys’ LinuxLink portal provides access to a feature-rich development environment that includes easy-to-use development tools and engineering support — making it easy to manage the security and updates of your custom embedded Linux software and securely implement firmware upgrades for your devices. In addition, Timesys’ solution for building custom embedded Linux based devices is Yocto Project compatible and is the industry’s most affordable and “easy to try, buy and use” commercial embedded Linux offering.
Develop Your Next Device with Select Advantech RISC Platforms, and Receive a Complimentary
Three-Month Subscription to Timesys’ Security Vulnerability Notification Service
Develop your next embedded Linux based device with Advantech UBC-DS31, EPC-R6410 or RSB-4411 RISC platforms, and receive a complimentary three-month subscription to the Timesys Security Vulnerability Notification Service. The notification service finds known reported security issues that are specific to a particular product, including fixed and unfixed Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) for the particular version of each software component built.
The bundled offers are available from Advantech resellers and online ordering system.
To extend the bundled offering and optionally subscribe to Timesys’ Patch Notification Service which enables you to selectively apply vulnerability fixes, contact Advantech or Timesys sales.
Already have your Advantech UBC-DS31, EPC-R6410 or RSB-4411 RISC platform and need access to the complimentary Timesys Security Notification Service? Simply register your board online with us. (Serial number required.)
To learn more about Timesys’ comprehensive security offering and how we can help you bring open source-based products to market that are “secure by design” and “stay secure” throughout the product lifecycle, click the button below.
Reduce the Time and Costs Associated with Maintaining Software Security
Timesys Security Vulnerability Notification features include:
- Supports Yocto Project development
- On-demand/pull notification via command-line and Web
- Subscribe to push notification via Web portal
- Track number of affected issues and CVE status changes for each build
- Get current vulnerabilities information on-demand
- Subscribe to multiple software configurations
- View online reports with charts of overall counts, breakdown of CVEs by severity and status
Timesys University Webinar Series | May 17 – July 12, 2018
Reduce Risk with RISC: Designing and Maintaining Secure Embedded Linux Devices with Advantech RISC Platforms
Do you have a plan for defending your open source, embedded Linux based product against security threats? Join us for this Timesys University five-part webinar series that will walk you through the process of building a security-focused, embedded Linux-based device using select Advantech RISC platforms powered by NXP i.MX 6 series applications processors.
Following each of the five, live sessions, one lucky attendee will receive an Advantech RSB-4411 SBC compliments of Advantech! The RSB-4411 giveaway includes a free 90-day subscription to the Timesys Security Vulnerability Notification Service. Don’t miss out on your chance to win!
Why Choose to Use Timesys’ Development Environment?
- Factory update notification alerts you to updates for only the software components used in your particular configuration
- LinuxLink does not force you to update; you choose whether to update or not
- Receive security alerts specific to components used in your application, eliminating the time spent on monitoring CVEs yourself
- Provides you with an easy and efficient way to integrate patches into your device software, eliminating the time spent on addressing CVEs that are not applicable
- Select from 2000+ packages and libraries in the LinuxLink repository (Factory) or from a whitelist of layers (Bakery / Yocto)
- Enables you to start your project using tested BSPs based on software from mainline, semiconductors and board vendors
- Timesys support available for both Factory and Yocto Project build systems, enabling you to get technical support from an expert when you’re stuck / when issues arise
- Support options available, enabling you to get support that fits your needs and budget
Easy to use
- Intuitive development environment that doesn’t require weeks of training
- Free cloud-based version, enabling you to quickly assemble and boot an initial embedded Linux image
- Minimal time spent setting up your development environment
Supported Advantech ARM-based Platforms
For the latest kernel and toolchain information, refer to LinuxLink.
UBC-DS31 RISC-based Digital Signage Box
(with NXP i.MX6 Dual processor)
EPC-R6410 RISC Embedded Mini-ITX Box Computer
(with NXP i.MX6 Dual/Quad processor)
RSB-4411 RISC SBC
(with NXP i.MX6 Dual/Quad processor)
Get a Complimentary Three-Month Subscription to Timesys’ Security Vulnerability Notification Service with Select RISC Platforms
Timesys University Webinar Series
May 17 – July 12, 2018 | Sponsored by:
Reduce Risk with RISC:
Designing and Maintaining Secure Embedded Linux Devices with Advantech RISC Platforms
3 MAY 2018
Advantech and Timesys Partner to Accelerate and Simplify Secure Internet of Things, Embedded System Product Development
Timesys Security Video