Embedded Software Engineer (2-7 years)
Job Location: Chennai
We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and optimizing Linux based platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Integrate various software and security patches into build systems
- Backport key features/bug-fixes as needed by the customers to the distribution or kernel of customers’ product line
- Migrate board-specific software from older version of the Linux kernel to newer versions
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Be the system-software generalist and take-up any technical challenge and resolve it through right solution
What we need to see:
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping embedded systems
- Proficiency in C
- Keen sense of urgency and drive for results
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience writing code to setup SoC peripherals and ISRs
- Strong problem-solving skills, be adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership of complex problems
- Ability to collaborate well with other developers, managers, and across teams
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Hands-on Linux experience in either professional or hobby projects is a strong plus.
- Experience with Linux device drivers and bootloaders is a strong plus.
- Good breadth of technical knowledge (Linux user space) is a strong plus.
- Experience working with open source community to fix bugs, add features is a plus.
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, bash or similar languages is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Git is a strong plus.
- Experience with real-time operating systems is a strong plus.
- Experience with one or more build environments such as Yocto Project, Buildroot, OpenEmbedded, and Android is a strong plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Casual work environment