Experienced Embedded Software Engineer (7+ years)
Job Location: Chennai
We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and optimizing Linux / Android based platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Driver development and new hardware enablement on Linux, Android or RTOS
- Integrate various software into build systems
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Be the Linux expert (kernel, CPU-architecture, general device-drivers, user-space) in the customer engineering team and enable customers in doing their Linux software development
- Backport key features/bug-fixes as needed by the customers to the distribution or kernel of customers’ product line
- Be the system-software generalist and take-up any technical challenge and resolve it through right solution
- Mentor and advise developers on best practices
What we need to see:
- 7-10+ years of experience building and shipping embedded systems using Linux
- Experience with performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting at kernel-level
- Ability to interpret hardware schematics
- Proficiency in C, Git, and one or more build environments such as Yocto Project, Buildroot, OpenEmbedded
- Good breadth of technical knowledge (SoC, Linux software, tools, applications)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight schedules
- Demonstrated experience of leading software projects while providing technical inputs to unblock supporting teams
- Keen sense of urgency and drive for results
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Linux device drivers and bootloaders is a strong plus.
- Experience working with open source community to fix bugs, add features is a plus.
- Experience with optimizing system performance using tools such as profilers and tracers is a plus.
- Experience with real-time operating systems is a strong plus.
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, bash or similar languages is a strong plus.
- Experience debugging issues on an embedded device using an oscilloscope is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with security features such as SELinux, verified boot and trusted execution environments is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Casual work environment