Embedded Software / Security Engineer (Entry / Junior level)
Job Location: Coimbatore
We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and optimizing Linux based platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Integrate various software and security patches into build systems
- Backport key features/bug-fixes as needed by the customers to the distribution or kernel of customers’ product line
- Migrate board-specific software from older version of the Linux kernel to newer versions
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Be the system-software generalist and take-up any technical challenge and resolve it through right solution
What we need to see:
- 6 months to 3 years of experience developing software on embedded systems using Linux
- In lieu of industry experience, internships and/or academic / hobby projects will be considered
- Proficiency in C
- Good breadth of technical knowledge (Linux user space)
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen sense of urgency and drive for results
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed
- Attention to detail
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Linux device drivers and bootloaders is a strong plus.
- Experience with one or more build environments such as Yocto Project, Buildroot, OpenEmbedded, and Android is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Git is a strong plus.
- Experience working with open source community to fix bugs, add features is a plus.
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, bash or similar languages is a strong plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Casual work environment