Embedded Software / Security Engineer (Experienced / Senior level)
Job Location: Coimbatore
We are looking for software developers who are passionate about developing and hardening Linux based platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Integrate various software and security patches into build systems
- Backport key features/bug-fixes as needed by the customers to the distribution or kernel of customers’ product line
- Perform security audits on customer BSP and implement harden the BSP
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Be the system-software generalist and take-up any technical challenge and resolve it through right solution
- Mentor and advise developers on best practices
What we need to see:
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping embedded systems using Linux
- Proficiency in C
- Familiarity with security features such as SELinux, verified/secure boot
- Knowledge of cryptography fundamentals and Public Key Infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight schedules
- Keen sense of urgency and drive for results
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with one or more build environments such as Yocto, Buildroot, Open Embedded, and Android is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Git is a strong plus.
- Experience working with open source community to fix bugs, add features is a plus.
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, bash or similar languages is a strong plus.
- Experience debugging issues on an embedded device using an oscilloscope is a strong plus.
- Experience with security tools such as metasploit, nmap, nessus is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Casual work environment