LinuxLink FREE Edition — Easy-to-Use, Hardware-Agnostic Tool for Building Custom Linux BSPs & SDKs
LinuxLink FREE Edition is Timesys’ award-winning cloud-based edition that enables developers to quickly boot embedded Linux on their development kit or reference board — without having to first set up a development environment.
Launch your embedded Linux product development fast with the FREE Edition irrespective of whether you are new to Linux or an expert.
- No need to waste time configuring and compiling tools and programs from dozens of sources.
- Don’t be restricted by the limited functionality included in the free Linux provided by board/semi vendors.
- Use one tool to evaluate multiple processors — you do not have to learn a different build system for each board you are evaluating.
And best of all, it is completely free.
Use the FREE Edition to assemble a proven Linux platform for your project within a few minutes. You can choose to create an initial build by using a "starting point" or create a new build from scratch. Timesys starting points are prebuilt so they can be used immediately or they can be used as a template for a custom platform.
Within a couple of hours, you’ll be alerted via email that your Linux image has been built and is ready for pick-up, including associated sources. And, with the FREE Edition, you’ll be running a bootable image on your target within a day.
LinuxLink FREE Edition helps developers:
- Easily configure embedded Linux on multiple architectures, boards, processors.
- Quickly prototype and benchmark common applications on your development kit.
- Easily perform cross-compilation of complex packages.
- Eliminate complexity and errors by receiving 'just in time' guidance — Based on best practices and board vendor recommendations, FREE Edition automatically provides recommendations about packages and libraries.
- Easily maintain products over their lifetime by staying current with community updates consisting of automated alerts that are relevant to your specific application.
Have questions? Call us at 1.866.392.4897 or at +1.412.232.3250 or send us your question — we usually reply back to you within a few hours.