How do you bring feature-rich industrial control systems (ICS) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) products to market quickly and cost effectively with strong security?
Can you ensure Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) products meet industry security standards?
Can you mitigate cybersecurity risk and protect the integrity of products deployed in critical industrial and operational processes?
How do you find and fix vulnerabilities affecting third-party software such as open source packages in your ICS and IIoT products?
Efficient Development and Cybersecurity Solutions for Industrial Control Systems
Timesys’ solutions cut development time for ICS and IIoT products by enabling you to use embedded Linux and RTOS while meeting and exceeding cybersecurity standards and maintaining strong product security throughout the production lifecycle.
With Timesys, you can efficiently deliver secure and effective systems for monitoring and managing industrial, infrastructure and facilities processes and mission-critical safety systems for today’s connected, high-automation, real-time operating environments.
Meet industry standards
Simplify meeting IIoT & industrial cybersecurity standards including IEC 62443, ISA99, IEC 29147 and 30111 for Vulnerability Handling and Disclosure, NERC CIP Standards, NIST Special Publication 800-82, UK CPNI Internet of Things and Industrial Control Systems guidelines
Design security into your product
Secure By Design solution integrating best practice security features
Monitor and remediate CVEs
Unique SCA features, optimized for embedded systems, providing more accurate and streamlined vulnerability (CVE) management and long term maintenance
Collaborate with embedded experts
Timesys’ embedded system Software Engineering Services enable rapid development of mission-critical, secure components for Industrial Control Systems, Industrial Internet of Things and Industrial Autonomous Control Systems
We work with manufacturers across the full range of industrial system products, including:
- Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Smart Devices, Sensors, Intelligent Infrastructure, Intelligent Electronic Devices
- Smart Manufacturing Systems
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs)
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
- Remote Terminal Units (RTUs)
- Process control systems
- Building Management and Building Automation Systems
- Data acquisition systems
- Historians, data loggers, and data storage systems
- Control servers
- Input/output (IO) servers
- Networking equipment for ICS systems
Streamline and Simplify Compliance With Cybersecurity Standards, Regulations, and Industry Guidelines
Technical security requirements for IACS components including:
- Identification and authentication control (IAC)
- Use control (UC)
- System integrity (SI)
- Data confidentiality (DC)
- Restricted data flow (RDF)
- Timely response to events (TRE)
- Resource availability (RA)
Technical security requirements for IACS components including:
- Requirements and recommendations to vendors on the disclosure of vulnerabilities in products and services
- Enabling users to protect their systems and data, prioritize defensive investments, and better assess risk
- Reducing risk associated with exploited vulnerabilities
- Coordinating vulnerability disclosure across multiple vendors
Security processes and controls to protect systems supporting the North American electricity system, including considerations such as cybersecurity management controls, security of communications systems supporting critical assets, and risk assessments of potential hacking or other security breaches involving these systems.
- Overview of ICS and typical system topologies
- Typical threats and vulnerabilities to these systems
- Recommended security countermeasures to mitigate the associated risks
Applying the UK’s National Cyber Security Centre’s guidance on security for ICS and related systems, including considerations such as vulnerability detection and timely system patching, configuration of security controls to reduce attack footprints and similar measures.
Secure By Design
Vigishield Secure By Design Services
Security services to accelerate and simplify your implementation of:
- Secure boot and chain of trust
- Encrypted storage
- Secure firmware updates
- Device security hardening: Bootloader, kernel and user space
- Protected hardware ports: JTAG, serial
- Secure world/trusted software development (e.g.: OP-TEE software)
- Tamper protection
- Key and certificate management
- Industry security standard compliance
Vigiles Vulnerability Management Solution
Software-as-a-service toolset developed by Timesys to provide:
- Automatic generation of an accurate Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) for industrial control, automation and IIoT devices running embedded Linux
- Accurate vulnerability detection with SBOM filtering
- Integration with Yocto, Buildroot, Timesys Factory build systems
- Accurate, curated meta-data on software components for higher rates of vulnerability identification and accuracy, with fewer false positives
- Streamlined remediation of vulnerabilities with efficient collaboration
Linux OS and BSP Maintenance
Our turnkey BSP Lifecycle Maintenance Service bringing our team of embedded system software experts to manage all aspects of maintaining the OS of your embedded Linux BSPs. We take care of:
- Monitoring and applying updates and patches, validating changes and providing you with reports on status
- Maintaining the strongest security posture throughout device deployment
- Providing you with ready-to-deploy platform updates
Timesys is the software development and security partner of choice for manufacturers of embedded system products across the industrial, infrastructure and facilities management markets
with Intelligent HVAC
Access, Safety &
Energy Production &
Material Refining, Processing &
How Timesys has helped customers successfully bring industrial control products to market faster, with higher quality, richer feature sets, and with stronger security
The manufacturer of industrial welders wanted to ensure all its installed devices in a customer’s factory could connect securely to its cloud using an IoT gateway that featured an Advantech SBC based on an NXP i.MX 6 Series processor. See how Timesys helped the company with its device security and cloud-based updating mechanism.
HAVE A PROJECT YOU’D LIKE TO DISCUSS?
Start the Conversation
Stop worrying about how you are going to find the engineering time and in-house expertise to give your product the professional architecture and security attention it needs.