We, Timesys Corporation (“Timesys”, “Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are the owners of the website https://www.timesys.com/ (the “Website”). This Website showcases our products and services offerings (“Offerings”).
1. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
If you wish to get in touch with us through our ‘contact us’ page or chat with us through the website chat support or ‘request a demo’ or subscribe to our blogs/newsletters and submit your details through the ‘careers’ page on our Website; you are required to provide us with information including but not limited to the first name, last name, phone numbers, e-mail address, location, country/region, domains designation, candidate profile/resume and company’s name. For the sake of brevity, the aforementioned information shall be referred to as “Personal Information”.
Website and Social media accounts – We may also collect, store and use your Personal Information when you (1) access our social networking handles operated by us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn (2) share our blogs through Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and/or Linkedin and (3) comment/provide feedback/testimonials on such social networking handles.
Accuracy of information – Please make sure that any Personal Information you share with us is accurate and up-to-date information. If you are sharing any Personal Information on behalf of a third party, you should ensure that you are authorized to do so.
2. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR DATA?
We use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to inform you about our Offerings and to respond to your requests;
- for creation or development of business intelligence or data analytics in relation to the Offerings provided by us (for this purpose we may share the Personal Information with certain software or tools available online);
- to improve the Offerings;
- to process job applications (if you apply for a position with our organization);
- to maintain and manage our website;
- to manage our relationship with you;
- for internal record keeping; and to comply with our legal or statutory obligations.
3. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA TO?
We do not sell, rent, share, distribute, lease or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties, without your prior consent. Keeping this in mind, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following cases:
- Affiliates: We may provide your Personal Information to our affiliates to enable them to improve the Offerings, provide feedback and respond to their queries.
- Merger or Acquisition: We may transfer your Personal Information if we are acquired by another entity, or if we merge with another company or transfer a part of our business, including the Website, to a third party. Any such third party or resultant entity that receives your Personal Information shall have the right to continue to use your Personal Information in line with the purposes set out herein. In the event of such a sale or transfer, we may notify you.
- Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations/court orders/requests by government authorities.
If we outsource the processing of your Personal Information to third parties or provide your Personal Data to third party service providers, we will oblige those third parties to protect your Personal Data with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using your Personal Data for their own purposes or from disclosing your Personal Data to others.
4. HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
- We endeavor to only collect such Personal Information that is necessary for the purposes indicated here, and to retain such data for no longer than is necessary for such purposes. The length of time Personal Information is retained, and criteria for determining that time, are dependent on the nature of the Personal Information and the purpose for which it was provided/collected.
- Subject to this section, we will try to delete your Personal Information upon reasonable written request for the same. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting Personal Information from our servers and backed-up versions might exist even after deletion. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. OUR SECURITY MEASURES
Our Website employs a number of current technology security measures to protect the security of Personal Information. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. All Personal Information is stored in password protected storage facilities, accessible only to authorized personnel. Although we provide appropriate firewalls and protections, we cannot warrant the security of Personal Information transmitted, as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, and technical issues is possible, and we will take necessary measures to mitigate such events. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access your Personal Information in our possession, the right to have us rectify or modify any such Personal Information, the right to have us erase/delete your Personal Information, the right to restrict us from processing such Personal Information, the right to object to our use of your Personal Information, the right to request to port your Personal Information and withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity or also contact you for further information in relation to your request.
In accordance with the industry best practices and privacy regulations worldwide, we enable you to exercise the following rights:
- Right to Access: As an Individual, you have the right to access your Personal Data being processed by us and understand the purpose, recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed, and the envisaged period of retention of Personal Information.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to rectify any inaccuracy in your Personal Data obtained and being processed by us.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to get your Personal Data erased on grounds of completion of purpose, withdrawal of consent, unlawful processing of data or pursuant to exercise of right to restrict processing or any statutory requirement.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to require us to restrict processing of your Personal Data on grounds where you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data being processed and in case of unlawful processing among others.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to receive your Personal Data collected and being processed by us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit such Personal Data to another controller without any hindrance from us when processing of Personal Data is based on consent and where processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds and if such Personal Data is being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Lodge Complaints: Where you believe that we have violated or presented a potential risk to your right to privacy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority under the applicable regulations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: You may at any time withdraw your consent by writing to us at email@example.com .
Exercise of the above rights shall be in accordance with the applicable regulations.
Exercising Your Rights: To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data (this will require you to send an email from the account in question or login credentials), and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
We may send you communications including but not limited to (a) notices about your use of our Website and Offerings, including those concerning violations of use, (b) updates, (c) promotional information regarding our Offerings, and (d) newsletters. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and newsletters from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those emails. Alternatively, you can opt out, at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 years without the prior, verifiable consent of his or her legal representative. If you are a child under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any Personal Information. If the legal representative of the child discovers that the child has provided us with Personal Information, we request the legal representative of the child to contact us email@example.com to have the Personal Information deleted.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
11. GOVERNING LAWS AND DISPUTES
12. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
13. CONTACT US