Timesys Professional Services: Frequently Asked Questions
Click on any question below to view the response.
Can you help me get my embedded Linux build to be more real time?
LinuxLink includes code, help, tips, advice, and guidance for customers who wish to apply and enable the PREEMPT_RT patch on their platforms. Timesys has been a long-time market leader in the real-time Linux market:
- Pioneered many of the techniques in the PREEMPT_RT patchset on a 2.4 Linux kernel
- Contributed code that has been mainlined into the 2.6 kernel tree
- Worked with customers to apply and configured the PREEMPT_RT patch on a number of different platforms:
- Atmel SAM9
- Freescale Power Architecture MPC8641, MPC7448
- Intel X86, IXP
- Marvell 78×30, PA6120 (both in progress)
What is the difference between Services and Support? How do I determine if my need is a better fit for a services project?
For those projects where you require additional engineering resources and/or expertise, Timesys can undertake a portion of your project development or deliver to you a turnkey solution. These types of projects are Services projects, and typically include the writing of code.
Timesys Support provides developers with help troubleshooting development issues that arise. These engagements do not include the writing of code.
Have a project you’d like to discuss?
We’d be happy to discuss how Timesys Professional Services can help you with all phases of your product development. For more information about our Professional Services offering, fill out our online form, contact us email@example.com or call us at 1.866.392.4897 (toll-free) or +1.412.232.3250.