Technical lead: Embedded Linux Platforms
We are looking for Senior Engineers who will lead a team of software developers who are responsible for developing, securing & maintaining Linux based platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and mentor a small team of Linux engineers on best practices and technical know-how.
- Scheduling customer deliverables, managing team priorities, identifying resource gaps.
- Collaborate with the customer and internal teams to always enhance the overall project experience
- Developing technical proposals to help customers make technical decisions.
- Working closely with the team to ensure the project deadlines are met and risks/issues are proactively identified and communicated to the customer.
- Ensure high quality of our deliverables.
- Contribute to the overall product design to help customers through various aspects of their product lifecycle.
- Be the Linux expert (kernel, CPU-architecture, general device-drivers, performance optimization, user-space) in the customer engineering team and enable customers in doing their Linux SW development.
- Be the system-SW generalist and take-up any technical challenge and resolve it through the right solution.
- Proactively notify Sales team of potential change order and drive it to completion as required on per-project basis.
What we need to see:
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping embedded systems using Linux.
- 2+ years of experience leading software development teams
- Good breadth of technical knowledge (SoC, Linux SW, Tools, Applications, embedded security)
- Proficiency in C, Git, and Yocto/OpenEmbedded.
- Familiarity with security features such as verified boot and trusted execution environments.
- Experience with root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting at kernel-level.
- Ability to track and work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedules.
- Demonstrated experience of leading software projects while providing technical inputs to unblock supporting teams.
- Keen sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Linux device drivers and bootloaders is a strong plus.
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, bash or similar languages is a strong plus.
- Experience working with open source communities to fix bugs, add features is a plus.
- Experience migrating drivers from one version of the Linux kernel to another is a plus.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge open source technologies
- Wide variety of challenging projects to choose from
- Casual work environment
Timesys Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available. Timesys will not discriminate in violation of any applicable law on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, or other qualifying veteran. Timesys Corporation encourages employment applications by all qualified individuals including minorities, veterans, and disabled persons.