Designing with NXP i.MX 8M Mini
A Half-Day Seminar presented by Arrow Electronics, NXP, Boundary Devices, and Timesys
This half-day seminar provides an introduction to the i.MX 8M Mini applications processor which combines high-performance computing with multimedia, graphics, and audio capabilities. The i.MX 8M Mini features Arm Cortex A53 (up to 4 cores) and Cortex M4 (single core) architecture for high performance and improved power efficiency.
The half-day training offers a combination of lectures and demos using:
- NXP i.MX8M Mini EVK Evaluation Kit
- Boundary Devices Nitrogen8M Mini SOM
- Timesys Vigiles Security Vulnerability Monitoring and Patch Notification tool
The session will include an overview of the new i.MX 8M Mini architecture as well as a review of design tools and checklists, SDKs, and supported operating systems. There will be and out-of-the box setup and imaging demonstration and a hands-on demonstration of security notification tools to help manage and maintain patch upgrades of your embedded operating system.
Topics Covered Include:
- i.MX 8M Mini architecture
- Heterogeneous multicore processing with ARM Cortex-A53 and ARM Cortex-M4
- Choosing the right i.MX 8M Mini device for your project
- Multimedia, graphics and audio capabilities of the i.MX 8M Mini
- Boot processes, including secure boot
- Overview and demonstration of out-of-the-box setup and imaging of the i.MX 8M Mini EVK
- Overview of the build process for Yocto and Android as well as MCUXpresso SDK Builder needed for Cortex M4
- Overview of the Nitrogen8M Mini SOM, customization options, software partners, and design tradeoffs
- Hands-on demo of Timesys Vigiles on-demand security vulnerability monitoring and patch notification tool, and security services to significantly reduce the time and cost of maintaining software security
Lunch will be provided. Please bring a laptop for a hands-on demo of Timesys Vigiles tool.