Timesys UI / HMI Solutions for Embedded Linux
UI design, development and delivery. Accelerated.
Companies in more than 70 markets use Qt technology to power millions of devices and applications.* The flexible and customizable Qt framework enables you to design and create innovative and modern UIs, applications and connected devices. As a Technology Partner of The Qt Company, we can help developers all over the world accelerate the design, development and delivery of Qt based products.
*Source: The Qt Company
Our Comprehensive Qt Development Offering
- Tailored to Your Requirements
- Lecture & Hands-On
- Flexible Schedule, On-site or Online
Qt for Embedded Development Made Easy
LinuxLink Qt SDK enables you to leverage all the features and functionality of LinuxLink to design, build, and deploy custom Linux distributions with rich UIs using Qt. Backed by Timesys’ industry-leading support, services, and training, developing Qt applications with LinuxLink ensures sophisticated UI projects are built on time and on budget.
Simplified Qt SDK Creation
LinuxLink Qt SDK integrates Qt software components including Boot to Qt functionality for embedded Linux and all Qt modules, making it easy for you to design custom embedded Linux Qt based products with Qt for Device Creation. To assemble a customized Qt SDK and underlying custom Linux BSP, you simply select the Qt modules you want to use from within the intuitive LinuxLink Web UI to create Qt SDKs that plug directly into the QtCreator IDE.
Choose the Licensing Option that Fits Your Needs
Qt is available under both commercial and open source licensing. To leverage the legal and functional advantages of Qt for Device Creation, you need to secure the commercial license from The Qt Company. On the other hand, as long as your project is compatible with the terms of LGPL v3 and LGPL v2.1, you also have the option to build open source SDKs with Qt 5.9 with or without the GPLv3 modules, or with Qt 5.6.
For more information, refer to the Qt website at https://www.qt.io/licensing/.
Watch the LinuxLink Qt SDK Video
(Note: The video does not have audio.)
Why Choose to Use Timesys’ LinuxLink Qt SDK?
- Factory update notification alerts you to updates for only the software components used in your particular configuration
- LinuxLink does not force you to update; you choose whether to update or not
- Receive security alerts specific to components used in your application, eliminating the time spent on monitoring CVEs yourself
- Provides you with an easy and efficient way to integrate patches into your device software, eliminating the time spent on addressing CVEs that are not applicable
- Design a custom BSP for your reference board or custom hardware
- Add a Qt software stack, and take full advantage of the underlying hardware platform
- Linux development support options available from Timesys, enabling you to get technical support that fits your needs and budget from an expert when you need it
- Developers with a Qt commercial license can leverage Qt development support from The Qt Company
SDK / IDE
- LinuxLink generates both Factory and Yocto Qt SDKs
- Qt SDK includes Qt software stack and cross-toolchain with all the libraries available for application development for your hardware
- QtCreator IDE automatically recognizes Qt SDKs
Choice of build system
- Supports Timesys Factory and Yocto Project build systems, so you decide which build system you want to use
- Start your project using tested BSPs based on software from mainline, semiconductors and board vendors
Easy to use
- Intuitive development environment that doesn’t require weeks of training
- Free cloud-based version enables you to quickly assemble and boot an initial embedded Linux based Qt image
- Minimal time spent setting up your development environment